!bobaland
cn:grief
cn:sick pet
OP

Small Announcement

Hello. Webmaster here.

Long story short (heed the warnings above): my 5yo (male) cat has been vomiting for a month, even if he's fine otherwise. We don't know what he has, but we're at the stage where some of the possibilities left on the list are very scary. Regardless of how it goes (we'll know more in two weeks once we can get him an endoscopy), we're going through a period of anticipatory grief about a goodbye that one day will happen.

I don't know when updates will be back to a regular schedule. If I do work, I'll try to focus on what gives me pleasure instead of what needs to be done (though i haven't been able to sit at a laptop at all the last couple days). I please ask you that you be extra patient with each other while I put my heart back together as best as I can. I'm of course always reachable in case of urgent need.

Thank you so much ♥️

»The next appointment is to check whether it's IBD or lymphoma
»These are going to be the longest two weeks of my life
OP

Just came back from our visit. He didn't have the endoscopy because the doctor thinks it's unlikely to be lymphoma (he'd be losing weight) and that it might not even be IBD. We're first trying him on gastric reflux medication and seeing whether that calms things down. If it doesn't, we will likely have the endoscopy in a couple weeks.

»This is both good news
»And also, well, there's the possibility that this will carry on even longer
»I'm completely exhausted with worry so I hope this works out well
»Anyway, I'll keep you all updated and still work on fun stuff for a bit!
OP

We're still waiting to see if the medicine will have any effect (if it doesn't he'll go through endoscopy this coming week), but I wanted to bring a moment of levity to this thread by letting you all know that the most prominent side effect this medicine is having is that it makes my neutered baby extremely horny.

He's been kneading us with gusto, yowling with desire, sometimes going as far as lounging at us trying to... I guess mount us? I've never seen so much cat dick in my life.

All I can hope is that this is fun for him and he isn't in serious blue-balls distress.

»You don't even have balls anymore baby what are you doing
»He's so cute but also somewhat intimidating
»*gets my cat a BobaBoard account*
»I had to call the vet to ask whether it was a potential side effect of the medicine that my cat would yowl and knead us while having a boner and the vet was dying with laughter
»Apparently it can cause hyperactivity
»I guess this is one type of hyperactivity
    1. OP
        1. OP
    OP
      1. OP
OP

Small update: he's still doing mostly alright, but also still sick. When we stopped the horny juice yesterday, since he was still puking on it, he had a relapse and a bad puke day (four times, poor boy). With this, the only thing left to do is waiting for the endoscopy on Monday.

My energy levels are all over the place. I was doing better until the rough patch yesterday, and now I'm just vegetating again. I know this is fine, just wanted to keep you updated :)

I'll let you know as soon as we have him back safe and sound after the anesthesia/exam on Monday!

»My boyyyyyyy
»I was up until 5am just being next to him after he puked a little bit in the middle of the night
»We played a bit and he was doing fine though
»He wants to play and wants to eat and all the good signs
»He also came to sleep on me when I finally came to bed and it was the sweetest thing
»I really feel like he knows mommy is having a rough time
»(also when I cuddle him he sometimes let's me rub my face on his shaved belly and it's so warm and soft and has all the fur stubble)
»(10/10 would shave again)
OP
Webmistress

Small update: he's still doing mostly alright, but also still sick. When we stopped the horny juice yesterday, since he was still puking on it, he had a relapse and a bad puke day (four times, poor boy). With this, the only thing left to do is waiting for the endoscopy on Monday.

My energy levels are all over the place. I was doing better until the rough patch yesterday, and now I'm just vegetating again. I know this is fine, just wanted to keep you updated :)

I'll let you know as soon as we have him back safe and sound after the anesthesia/exam on Monday!

»My boyyyyyyy
»I was up until 5am just being next to him after he puked a little bit in the middle of the night
»We played a bit and he was doing fine though
»He wants to play and wants to eat and all the good signs
»He also came to sleep on me when I finally came to bed and it was the sweetest thing
»I really feel like he knows mommy is having a rough time
»(also when I cuddle him he sometimes let's me rub my face on his shaved belly and it's so warm and soft and has all the fur stubble)
»(10/10 would shave again)

sending love

OP